Financial Aid Assistance Policy
Generally, these are one-time, partial awards intended for existing members facing a temporary financial hardship.
All awards will be applied directly to the member’s NJP dues and are not redeemable for cash.
All award decisions are the discretion of the NJP Board of Directors.
Program registration is the only fee covered by the program. Fund raising, insurance, and any other fees are not eligible for consideration under the program.
Assistance will be based on need, member standings, and availability of funds.
Hardship requests are only available to chosen NJP members.
To be eligible for assistance, a member applicant must not be in arrears with NJP for any Previous season.
NJP Scholarship assistance may be available for existing members. Scholarship assistance is neither intended for nor designed for long-term or continued financial support.
Any applicant facing disciplinary action from the NYHL, AGAME Sportsplex or NJP Hockey, USA Hockey, or any other youth hockey organization will not be eligible for assistance.
1. Interested parties must apply for the hardship through the NJP Board of Directors. Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org The application must contain a letter from the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the participant and be accompanied by a completed NJP Financial Aid form.
2. Sponsorship applications will be due by July 31
3. All award decisions are subject to the discretion of the NJP Board.
4. The NJP Board shall, after reviewing the applications submitted, make a decision within two weeks after the deadlines in (2) above or at the August board meeting..
5. Applicants will be notified of the decision by the treasurer following the next regularly scheduled board meeting.
6. Volunteer service by a member seeking hardship assistance will be considered in the Evaluation of the request for such assistance and may be required of successful applicant of the current hockey season.